Cihan University-Erbil Scientific journal (CUESJ) is a biannual academic journal published by the Cihan University-Erbil, Erbil, KRG, Iraq. CUESJ publishes original researches in all area of Science, Engineering and Technology. CUESJ is a Peer-Reviewed Open Access journal with Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). CUESJ provides immediate, worldwide, barrier-free access to the full text of research articles without requiring a subscription to the journal, and has neither article processing charge (APC) nor article submission charge (ASC). CUESJ applies the highest standards to everything it does and adopts IEEE citation/referencing style. CUESJ Section Policy includes three types of publications; Articles, Review Articles and Letters. CUESJ has a print-ISSN: 2519-6979. It is a member of the ROAD with e-ISSN: 2707-6377 and a member of the Crossref with a doi: 10.24086/issn.2519-6979.
The goal of the journal exceeds the work limits in the local reality and extends to the vast horizons to contain all over the world so that the journal is a cultural bridge connects the scientists and students to exceed the limits of the place and the effort. The journal provides a mean of communication among all researchers all over the world to provide the basic discreet scientific information to build a better developed world for all people.
CUESJ publishes works from extensive fields including;
- Pure Science
- Applied Science
- Other related fields
Scope and Focus
CUESJ publishes original research in English language and in all areas of Science and Engineering and Technology. CUESJ is a semi-annual journal published by the Cihan University-Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq. We believe that if your research is scientifically valid and technically sound then it deserves to be published and made accessible to the research community. CUESJ aims to provide a service to the international scientific community enhancing swap space to share, promote and disseminate the academic scientific production from research applied to Science, Engineering, and Technology. By publishing with us, your research will get the coverage and attention it deserves. Open access and continuous online publication means your work will be published swiftly, ready to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Article Level Metrics allow you to follow the conversations your work has started.
Articles: This is the main type of publication that CUESJ will produce.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Review Articles: Critical, constructive analysis of the literature in a specific field through summary, classification, analysis, comparison.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Letters: Short reports of original research focused on an outstanding finding whose importance means that it will be of interest to scientists in other fields.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
PEER REVIEW POLICIES
At CUESJ we are committed to prompt quality scientific work with local and global impacts. To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- The journal peer review process is a "double blind peer review".
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
- Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
Note: CUESJ is a member of CrossRef and CrossRef services, e.g., CrossCheck. All manuscripts submitted will be checked for plagiarism (copying text or results from other sources) and self-plagiarism (duplicating substantial parts of authors' own published work without giving the appropriate references) using the CrossCheck database. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
For more information about CrossCheck/iThenticate, please visit http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck.html.
CUESJ is published 2 times per year. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print. CUESJ is e-published online with e-ISSN: 2707-6377 as/when the process of peer-reviewing in finalized. CUESJ 's hard-copy published with p-ISSN: 2519-6979 bianually with the first issue publishes the accepted papers during (January - June) and the second issue publishes the accepted papers during (July- December). The hard-copy of CUESJ issues are published with all accepted online paper within each publication period.
PUBLICATION ETHICS and PUBLICATION MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
The publication of an article in the peer-reviewed journal CUESJ is to support the standard and respected knowledge transfer network. Our publication ethics and publication malpractice statement is mainly based on the Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011) that includes;
- General duties and responsibilities of editors.
- Relations with readers.
- Relations with authors.
- Relations with editors.
- Relations with editorial board members.
- Relations with journal owners and publishers.
- Editorial and peer review processes.
- Protecting individual data.
- Encouraging ethical research (e.g. research involving humans or animals).
- Dealing with possible misconduct.
- Ensuring the integrity of the academic record.
- Intellectual property.
- Encouraging debate.
- Conflicts of interest.
Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). (2011, March 7). Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. Retrieved from http://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf
- For research conducted on regulated animals (which includes all live vertebrates and/or higher invertebrates), appropriate approval must have been obtained according to either international or local laws and regulations. Before conducting the research, approval must have been obtained from the relevant body (in most cases an Institutional Review Board, or Ethics Committee). The authors must provide an ethics statement as part of their Methods section detailing full information as to their approval (including the name of the granting organization, and the approval reference numbers). If an approval reference number is not provided, written approval must be provided as a confidential supplemental information file. Research on non-human primates is subject to specific guidelines from the Weatherall (2006) report (The Use of Non-Human Primates in Research).
- For research conducted on non-regulated animals, a statement should be made as to why ethical approval was not required.
- Experimental animals should have been handled according to the highest standards dictated by the author’s institution.
- We strongly encourage all authors to comply with the 'Animal Research: Reporting In Vivo Experiments' (ARRIVE) guidelines, developed by NC3Rs.
- Articles should be specific in descriptions of the organism(s) used in the study. The description should indicate strain names when known.
SEARCHING FOR PLAGIARISM
We use plagiarism detection: According to Oxford online dictionary, Plagiarism means: The practice of taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own.
ARTICLES SUBMISSION CHARGES
CUESJ is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has no article submission charges (ASCs).
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGES
CUESJ is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has no article processing charges (APCs). The published articles can be downloaded freely without a barrier of admission.